Skip to main content


  • What are your office hours?

    M - F 9am - 5pm

  • Where are you located?

    Alliance Property Management
    206 Southwind Place Ste. 1A
    Manhattan, KS 66503

  • I have a maintenance / service issue. Can I start a work order?

    Each request should contain the property address, name and number for contact, and the nature

    of the request.

    Please, also advise us, if there is a pet in the residence.

    Work orders may be submitted in the following ways: 

    • On-line: - Click on Maintenance requests tab or through your tenant portal
    • By phone:  785-539-2300 - Call and speak with your Designated Agent
    • In office - Fill out a maintenance request form
  • How can I pay rent?

    Rent may be paid by: 

    • Pay online through your tenant portal which allows you to set up an auto-draft from your bank account
    • Credit Card Payment via online tenant portal
    • Personal Check
    • Cashier's Check
    • Money order

    *If paying by check, please use only one (1) check for the entire unit. Each additional check received may be assessed a $50 fee. 

    **Note: Cash payments are NOT ACCEPTED. 

  • How do I access my tenant portal?

    To access our tenant portal Click here

    If you are having a problem with your login due to a potential incorrect email or password, please call our office 785-539-2300 for assistance.  


  • When is rent considered late and how much is the late fee?

    Rent is late after 5 pm on the 1st day of each month (This INCLUDES weekends and holidays). The late fee is 10% of the monthly rent.  

  • There is a property I would like to see. When can I schedule a showing?

    Showings can be scheduled Monday - Friday from 10 am to 5 pm.   To schedule a showing, just click the green box on the upper right corner of this page titled "REQUEST A SHOWING". You are always welcome to call us at 785-539-2300. 

  • What is your application process and how long does it take?

    It's easy!  Select the property you are interested in from our available listings at and click on the "Apply Now" button located in the upper left hand corner of the page.  

    In addition to submitting your application to secure a property, we require:

    • Security Deposit payment
    • 2 forms of photo identification (e.g., government- or state-issued, student ID, passport, Visa, etc.),
    • your previous two (2) pay stubs
    • LES (military personnel)
    • Signing our Statement of Rental

     *After we screen your application and complete the approval process, we will draft an electronic lease and send it to you by email to sign.

    **If your application is denied, we will refund your security deposit in the form of a check (Keep in mind, this DOES NOT include application fee(s) that cover the screening process; the application fee is nonrefundable).

  • What fees are required to apply?

    Application Fee: $35 per applicant

    Security Deposit: Equal to 1 month's rent

  • Is the security deposit the same as the 1st month's rent? Can it be applied to my last month's rent?

    Negative Ghost Rider- the Security Deposit is obtained to secure the property and to cover any damages or fees that may be assessed after your move out date.  The first month's rent pays for the first month of occupancy and is due on or before we issue you keys to your new property.  For the same reason, the Security Deposit can not be applied to your last month's rent.  

  • Am I required to have a co-signer?

    Typically all students or applicants with no prior rental history are required to have a co-signer. The APM Designated Agent (DA) for that property must approve any exceptions, and they are handled on a case-by-case basis. 

  • Do you accept pets?

    We do accept pets, but it is property and pet specific. 

  • Is there a pet deposit? If so, what is the cost and is it returnable?

    Yes. The pet deposit is equal to ½ month's rent. It is refundable and will be returned, less pet damages, within 30 days of the lease expiration date. 

  • What is your pet policy?

    All pets must be at least 2 years old, spayed or neutered, and not be considered an aggressive breed by the City of Manhattan (also see the next FAQ "What is considered an aggressive breed?")   Ferrets, rodents, reptiles, snakes & venomous species are also not permitted. It's said "3's a crowd".... keep in mind that no more than 2 pets are allowed per property.    

    Say "CHEESE!"  As a part of our pet approval policy, we need to meet and take a photograph of your pet(s) for our records.  You will be asked to set-up a Pet Appointment when you come in for your move-in key pickup.   All pets need to be added to our records within 1 week of move-in or adding a new pet to your residence. Your pet will not be "approved" without this documentation in our system-we look forward to meeting your furry friends!

  • What is considered an aggressive breed?
    • American Pit Bull Terrier
    • American Staffordshire Terrier
    • Argentine Dogo
    • Cane Corse
    • Chow
    • Dogue de Bordeaux
    • Doberman Pinscher
    • Fila Brasileiro
    • German Shepherd
    • Perro de Presa Canario
    • Rottweiler
    • Staffordshire Bull Terrier
    • Any dog, whether purebred or mix, that has the appearance and characteristics of any one of the breeds listed above
    • Any dog showing signs of aggression

    For the most accurate information, please contact the City of Manhattan at 785-587-2489 or visit their website at

  • What do I do if I have issues with my roommate?

    Free assistance to all KSU students:  

    If you are having relational issues with your roommate, like you are not getting along or you are having problems communicating with one another, we suggest here in the office for you to speak with the Assistant Dean of Student Life. The Assistant Dean of Student Life is trained to work as advocates for students, to assist student resolve issues with one another. You can reach them at 785-532-6432.

     If you are having more technical or contractual issues with your roommate, make an appointment with the Director of Consumer and Tenant Affairs and they can assist you resolve the issues at hand.

     Find out more from the office of Consumer and Tenant Affairs


  • Am I required to have Renter's Insurance? If so, what do I need?

    Yes, we require all tenants to have renter's insurance.

    When you rent an apartment, house, or other dwelling, a property owner's insurance policy won't protect YOUR clothing, electronics, furniture, or other personal belongings. You can even be held liable for injuries sustained by others in your apartment.  That's why we require you to have renter's insurance-it's to protect you and your stuff!

    We require all tenants to have personal liability and personal property coverage.  

    Looking for an agent that understands what you need.....we recommend Shelter Agent Mike Bean  785-537-1718. 


  • After my application has been approved, what else is required before I move in?
    Co-signer Form(s):  
    Renter's Insurance:  Required of all tenants (See FAQ "Am I required to have Renter's Insurance?")
    Utility Confirmation #'s: These numbers are obtained from the individual utility companies when you set up your new service with them.  (Services may include:  electricity, gas, water, trash) Please check your lease for your property specific required utilities.
    Lead Based Paint Addendum:  We will email you a LBP form that is unique for your property. Each tenant must initial LESSEE'S ACKNOWLEDGMENT (C) & (D) ONLY, and sign & date LESSEE at bottom of page. For your convenience, additional information regarding Lead Based Paint can be found here.  
    ** Keep in mind....We can not issue keys to ANY tenant until all documents are received.

    What do I need to do to prepare for my move-out?

  • Expand All